23 Memes Only Die Hard Harry Potter Fans Will Understand
The Debrief: Would the sword of Gryffindor present itself to you, though?
It's been twenty years since JK Rowling introduced us to the wizarding world of Harry Potter, and it's safe to say that our lives have never been the same. The true Potterheads among us have never received a letter in the post without hoping that our invitation to study at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry had finally arrived. All we can think about when we wake up with a hangover is how much easier life would be if we were able aguamenti straight into our mouths instead of ever having to get out of bed and oh, the things we would do with a Mauderers Map.
With fan-fucking-tastic franchises like good old Hazza P, comes a hella lot of generation-defining reference points and with that, come some of the best memes the internet has to offer. So, to celebrate the anniversary (and ease the stark realisation that yes, it's been two decades since we were all sucked into a story about a little boy with a scar on his head who had magic powers and a quest to defeat a noseless bad guy), we've rounded up some of the funniest memes that only die hard fans will fully appreciate.
1. Dumbledore's fury when Harry was entered to the Triwizard Tournament
2. The chat up line to end all chat up lines
3. The realisation when you downloaded the Snapchat update
New Snapchat update pic.twitter.com/8jOGd2ibpW— Carson Smith (@Carson_Smith87) June 24, 2017
4. The flaw in Dumbledore's brilliance
5. So that's why Harry's in Gryffindor
6. Quidditch health and safety
7. The scene we didn't see in the Slytherin common room
8. Still too soon to talk about it
9. If the Philosopher's Stone happened in 2017
10. Was the house points system ever really explained, though?
11. The reason we have no knowledge of any other literature
12. That bloody remembrall
13. Gryffindor still come out on top so it's cool, but also...
14. Maths meets the Deathly Hallows
15. Lupin always have the answers. Where the chocolate at?
16. You'll always be Potter to us, Dan
17. So many Sirius puns
Snape: Headmaster, I'm afraid the dark lord has returned.— Gred and Forge (@avadakedbang) September 2, 2014
Dumbledore: are you serious?
Snape: no I'm Severus pic.twitter.com/0u001Dbvpk
18. SO MANY PUNS
- • • • Credits: @potterweekly #harrypotter #hermionegranger #ronweasley #jamespotter #lilypotter #aurtherweasley #mollyweasley #georgeweasley #fredweasley #ginnyweasley #charlieweasley #billweasley #dracomalfoy #goldentrio #hogwartsschoolofwitchcraftandwizardry #jkrowling #hufflepuff #griffyndor #ravenclaw #slytherin
19. She so wise
20. Draco Malfoy and What Could've Been
21. Classic Snape
22. Will never be able to press snooze again
23. Never thought about Voldy in that way, did ya?
Like this? You might also be interested in…
Follow Jazmin on Instagram @JazKopotsha
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating