Make A Healthy 90 Calorie Egg White Omelette In 2 Minutes Flat
The Debrief: Microwave meals don't have to be unhealthy unsatisfying trays of doom...
This breakfast is up there with the best of them for sheer virtue. Eggs are a super source of protein and by losing the yolks, you’ll get a light, fluffy pancake-style omelette, perfect for wrapping veggies up in. I’ve used ready roasted red peppers and rocket, but fresh tomatoes, avocado and sweetcorn are also excellent choices to fill up with. Ready in just two minutes, this sin free breakfast is perfect pre or post-workout fuel and, amazingly, only about 90 calories all in.
Egg White Omelette
You will need
3 egg whites
Large ready roasted pepper
Knob of butter
What to do
1. Grease a shallow microwaveable dish with the butter.
2. Separate three eggs by letting the whites run through your fingers into a bowl and retaining the yolks (hey, why not make a mayonnaise or some really yellowy scrambled eggs another day with them?). Whisk briefly.
3. Pour the egg whites into the greased dish and cover with cling film. Microwave on full power for 1 ½ - 2 mins depending on how powerful your microwave is and how set you like your eggs.
4. Sprinkle your topping across the omelette and fold carefully.
5. Transfer onto a plate and season well with proper sea salt and black pepper.
Like this? Then you might also be interested at:
Follow Jo on Twitter @JoEatsLondon
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating