Here's How To Get Fleur From The X Factor's Amazing Afro Hair
The Debrief: We've got so much envy for this girl's barnet
We're #TeamFleur here at The Debrief. She's actually the reason we're still watching The X Factor. She has the best bits of Rita (the cool), Bey (the performer) and Rihanna (the sass) all rolled in to one major awesome act.
And while her voice, and dancing are both pretty amazing - the thing that makes Fleur really stand out is her totally incredible, brilliantly bouncy, hair.
So we asked Jamie Stevens, The X Factor's Hair Stylist, his top tips for afro hair:
1. Healthy hair starts with good shampoo and conditioner. Use a low-sulphate shampoo and conditioner to help keep the hair feeling smooth and soft, and to help avoid tangles
2. Invest in a protein hair mask to strengthen the hair cuticle, keep hair strong and minimise breakage. You should use this at least once a week (and, if you can, leave it in overnight)
3. Afro hair is naturally prone to dryness – I would make sure you keep an oil in your handbag, its great way to instantly add moisture into the hair without using wet creams. I’ve been using the TRESemme Oil Elixir on Fleur, with great results. Add a few drops into the palm of your hand and spread it over both the front and back of your hand before running through the mid lengths and ends, for even product distribution through
4. A lot more women are now embracing their natural hair texture – as well they should! Your natural hair from will take some maintaining so get regular hair trims to prevent breakage and keep your fro healthy. For extra volume, you can use a texturising powder
5. Make sure that your scalp is hydrated this helps for healthy hair growth. It doesn’t matter if it is summer or winter, the change in weather can affect the scalp making it become dry causing flakes. TRESemme’s Renewal Hair And Scalp Tonic nourishes the scalp for healthier hair
6. For Hollywood waves without the risk of heat damage, harness your natural bounce! Use a towel take the excess water out of the just-washed hair. Then work an oil and a setting lotion evenly throughout the hair and divide hair into eight sections. Take one section and, starting from the ends of the hair wrap around the bendy roller. Once you get to the top bend the ends of the rollers in, sleep in them over night then in the morning take them out and brush through your hair
7. Top Tip: Beer, avocado and mayonnaise are great conditioning agents!
Liked this? You might also be interested in:
Follow The Debrief On Twitter @TheDebrief
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating