10 Wedding Guest Dresses That Don’t Suck And Aren’t Floral
The Debrief: Be the second best dressed at the event
he instant you’re invited to a couple’s nuptials you know the best you can hope for is wearing the second most memorable frock of the day. But, finding that dress is an absolute headache.
Weddings are a high-pressure sartorial occasion that will, no doubt, be avidly captured by both professional and amateur photographers. Between the Pinterest boards and the months of planning, the bride/s and her maids will already have their outfits in lockdown, so the only thing you really need to worry about is not picking anything that looks the slightest like theirs. That said, use it as a chance to dress up and wear something fabulous. Find a romantic frock, something that’s sultry and striking or chose something edgy that will make you stand out. Sometimes the answer is a jumpsuit, other events it’s a dramatic, floor-sweeping gown that swishes as you walk, no matter what ticks your personal style’s boxes just make sure it’s something you feel comfortable and happy to wear from dusk to dawn.
1. What to wear when the dress code says…white tie
2. What to wear when the dress code says…black tie
3. What to wear when the dress code says…formal
Sphere Oval Hoop Earring, £30, Whistles; Cara Clean Crop Jacket, £330, Whistles; Mia Floris Jumpsuit, £155, Whistles, John Lewis; Camera Bag, £155, Pop & Suki; Amberley Mid Block Heel Mule, £139, Whistles
4. What to wear when the dress code says…smart casual
5. What to wear when the dress code says…garden party
6. What to wear when the dress code says…abroad
7. What to wear when the dress code says…lunchtime reception
8. What to wear when the dress code says…city rooftop
9. What to wear when the dress code says…festive attire
10. What to wear when the dress code says…cocktail attire
Chunky Diamante Wide Set Choker, £6, Nasty Gal; Faux Leather Biker Jacket, £59, Warehouse; Eyelash Frill Dress, £40, Warehouse; Sock It 2 Me Fishnet Pump, £35, Nasty Gal; Sparkle Clipframe Pouch Bag, £35, Accessorize
Liked this? You might also be interested in:
Follow Lucy on Instagram @lucyalicemorris
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating