9 Ways To Rock Mom Jeans That Will Make You Want To Buy All The Mom Jeans
The Debrief: Potentially the most versatile denim out there...
A casual equivalent to the high waisted jean, and with the versatility that only denim can offer, mom jeans are baaack and despite some criticism directed their way for being "unflattering," they've quickly made themselves at home in our wardrobes.
While we're all for advocating rocking things in your own way, there are a bunch of styling tricks you can adhere to to ensure they're worn in the coolest and most flattering of ways. Scroll and see 9 ways to rock the trend according to some of our fave Insta stylers…
1. How To Wear Mom Jeans
Who said mom jeans can't be sexed up? Yes we know it's Emily Ratajowski wearing them here, and basically everything she does is sexed up, whether she means to or not but ANYWAY. Styling trick to take here? Don't be scared to rock a little lacy bodysuit with your mom jeans.
2. What To Wear Mom Jeans With
It’s easy to style mom jeans up or down, for day or night. Make like Camille and add some interesting textures and stripes to elevate.
3. How To Wear Ripped Mom Jeans
Proving you don't need to tuck everything in to your mom jeans, Julie of Frenchionista keeps the look relaxed with a free-falling top and long jacket.
4. How To Wear Mom Jeans In Summer
A floral shirt (one sleeved or off the shoulder is a plus!) is a super cute update to take the look into summer territory. Now if only England's weather would just freaking cooperate for once...
5. How To Rock Mom Jeans
There's potentially no cooler way to rock a mom jean than by toughening it up with some studded leather. Add a pair of trainers or some kick ass boots and you'll definitely have taken them out of mom territory.
6. How To Make Mom Jeans Cute
Tuck a pretty top into your mom jeans and add a platform shoe to take it into cute territory. We love this frilled top and blue velvet heel combo.
7. How To Wear Mom Jeans In Winter
We love how Victoria’s Secret model Candice paired her mom jeans with a turtleneck, denim jacket, biker cap and black boots. Straight out of the 90s and pretty freaking bad-ass.
8. Do Mom Jeans Suit Pear Shapes?
Okay so we know that the Kardashian-Jenners are not necessarily indicative of like... real life or real body shapes or anything BUT bear with us for a second... If Kylie's ass can fit and not look ginormous in mom jeans, then the rest of us can surely pull them off too. Yes, we're sure of it.
9. How Mom Jeans Are Supposed To Fit
And for when mom jeans just won’t cut it… There’s a fine line between mom jean and straight legged jeans but when they look this good who's keeping track?
Shop: Where To Buy Mom Jeans
We've rounded up our pick of some of the best mom jeans. Click through to shop below...
1. Sophie High Waisted Light Wash Mom Jeans, £25.00, Boohoo
2. Blue Mom Fray Hem Tori Jeans, £22.99, New Look
3. Urban Bliss Blue Ripped Roll Hem Mom Jeans, £32.99, New Look
4. Pull&Bear Mom Jean With Extreme Distressing, £21.50, Pull&Bear
5. Lost Ink Mom Jeans In Darker Wash, £26.50, Lost Ink
6. Pimkie Eyelet Detail Mom Jeans, £29.99, Pimkie
7. Twiin Levels Two Tone Mom Jean, £40.00, Twin
8. Mom relaxed jeans, £29.99, Mango
9. Boohoo Floral Embroidered Mom Jeans, £25.99, Boohoo
Like this? You may be interested in...
Follow Alya on Instagram @moorizzla
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating