23 Tinder Nightmares That Cannot Be Unseen
The Debrief: It's enough to make us ditch our phones and join the nearest convent. Or y'know, stop using Tinder.
If ever one had a reason to regret swiping right on Tinder, it would be this collection of horrendous Tinder openers from @tindernightmares. From the racist to the myogynistic to the downright creepy, it’s enough to make you ditch your phone for good and Google ‘nunneries in the Greater London area.’
We’re not totally down on Tinder in the style of Vanity Fair – in fact here’s why we think online dating can be pretty fantastic – but these gems make us wonder why we bother sometimes... Read on and weep.
1. The more-than-faintly-racist guy
2. The Tinder guy that ruined ramen for everyone
3. The guy who’s inexplicably aggressive about his date plans
4. The patriot
5. The criminal
6. Emoji guy
7. The guy who’s spent the last 20 minutes Googling ‘Tinder chat up lines’ – and came up with this
8. The... sorry, what?
9. The grown man who finds fart jokes funny
10. The one with the slightly-too-weird fetish
11. The Tinder guy with a sweet tooth
12. The guy who possibly had his phone stolen halfway through this exchange
13. The really, really clean guy
14. The guy who decided to change tactics mid exchange
15. The guy who really loves bowling
16. The guy who loves a catchy tune
17. The music fan
18. The most inappropriate guy ever
19. This smooth operator
20. This guy who gets really cold ears
21. The animal lover
22. Again... what?
23. The guy that could potentially make us go and get our tubes tied
Warning: these lines are NOT to be used if you would actually like to hear back from potential matches. If you want a chance at Tinder success, see our guide of 19 original Tinder opening lines that might actually make us want to reply.
Like this? Then you might be interested in:
Follow Kat on Twitter @SuperKaterina
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating