How To Delete Your Snapchat Account
The Debrief: You never thought it would, but the day has finally come when you want to delete your Snapchat account. We totally get it.
You never thought it would, but the day has finally come when you want to delete your Snapchat account. We totally get it.
1. You can’t get any work done because your friends keep sending you Snaps of themselves using the celebrity face swap filter/chundering rainbows. 2. You weren't won over by Snapchat's feeble attempt at funky emoji's and you just can't help wishing that he would take the hint. 3. You’re scared that Snapchat’s security might still be crap (remember the Snapchat leak scandal?) and now the pic you sent to your bestie of your arse smoking a cigarette will get circulated around your office putting your whole career in jeopardy. 4. You don’t want to be the last one left on the Snapchat bandwagon. Whatever your reasons, we give you two ways you can delete your Snapchat account; the easy way and the slightly-less-easier way.
Deleting and deactivating apps for some reason is so much harder than installing them in the first place and true to form, deleting your Snapchat account from the app on your phone is quite a labyrinth. However, deleting your Snapchat account from an internet browser (which could be on your phone if you so wish) is easy peasy lemon squeezy.
How to Delete your snapchat account in 3 easy steps from an internet browser
1. We waded through the Internet to find you the link to delete Snapchat, and here it is: https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account.
2. Enter your username and password, confirm you’re not a robot, and sign in.
3. Re-enter your password and then click “delete account”. Congratulations, you have now deactivated your Snapchat account.
How to Delete your snapchat account in 8 not-exactly-difficult-but-definitely-drawn-out steps from the Snapchat app: -
1. Go to the Snapchat app on your phone.
2. Click on the Snapchat icon at the top.
3. Click on the settings icon, top right.
4. In settings, go to 'Support.'
5. In Support, go to 'Learning the Basics.'
6. From there, go to 'Account Settings.'
7. Then click on 'Delete an Account.' Nearly there.
8. Finally, on the 'Delete Account' page, enter your username and password and click the Delete Account button.
Warning: after clicking 'Delete Account,' your account is permanently deleted and there is no turning back (there is no 'are you sure?' page - we found this out the hard way.) Once you have deleted your Snapchat account, it’s gone forever like dust in the wind, along with your snapchat friends, and the cool snapchat relationships that you may have accumulated over your Snapchat lifespan.
BUT, If you regret your decision, you can’t re-open your old account but making another Snapchat account takes approximately as long as the average Snap. Also, make sure to keep this (very extensive) Snapchat username list handy, in case you have to re-add all your favourite story stalkee's.
Liked this? You might also be interested in:
Follow Kat on Twitter @superkaterina
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating