11 Amazing People From The Pro-Choice Protest Marches Against Ireland's Oppressive Abortion Laws
The Debrief: This weekend saw people worldwide protest abortion laws.
Across the world this weekend, women and men came together in solidarity against outdated abortion laws.
The specific focus was on Ireland where protesters called for the government to #repealthe8th in reference to Ireland's 8th ammendment which, in 1983, introduced a constitutional ban on abortion.
Currently, all abortion in Ireland is illegal except if the mothers' life is at risk - an addeundum that was only added as recently as 2013.
Thousands of excellent people turned out across the world to call for change, braving, in Dublin, the rain, a cancellation of busses and bearing signs, t-shirts and showing up with friends and family.
Here's some of those excellent people.
1. These fantastic women who can't be stopped by rain
2. This brilliant guy who reckons if gay marriage is legal, abortions should be too
3. This super trooper of a lady who has got arm muscles of steel
4. This marvellous woman who is #done with your nonsense
5. The ace Cillian Murphy who can really rock a pac-a-mac
6. The awe-inspiring women from Dublin City University's Feminist Society
7. This kick-ass family
8. This banging jacket that we would like to purchase
9. This super woman who is so over the 8th
10. This talented woman who is using her artistic skills for an excellent purpose
11. And these wonderful women who are totally in charge
Poland is another European country with very strict abortion laws and, this weekend, Poles in their thousands took part in ten protests against INSANE new proposed laws that would ban abortion completely. At the moment, it is only legal when there is 'severe and irreversible damage to the foetus, a serious threat to the mother's health, or the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest.'
Natalia, the Debrief's Creative Editor, hails from Poland. Her mum, Ania and her friend Teresa went down to the protest happening in Warsaw yesterday where they kindly took this picture for us.
And, as a bonus, here's Natalia's mum Ania and her friend Teresa making their voices heard. Keep being awesome..
Like this? Then you might also be interested in:
Follow Jess on Twitter @Jess_Commons
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating