10 Times Donald Trump Has Been A Dick To Women
The Debrief: Humans of New York creator has come out against Trump - here's why you should too (as if you needed more reasons)
Donald Trump has gone way beyond the 'What, that guy is running for president? Haha' and is now barrelling towards the US elections picking up a bizarre array of followers as he does so (Aaron Carter recently tweeted to his fans that he supports Trump). But now his often offensive, upsetting and uninformed opinions have got the nicest man in the world riled up - Brandon Stanton, creator of Humans of New York just penned him an open letter.
If you're not sure what sort of stuff Donald Trump has been saying, just have a cursory Google and let your eyebrows raise into your own hairline. For us, though, it's the sexist comments he's made about women over the years that especially got our backs up - obviously, because we're women - so thought we'd compile a handy guide of his top 15 clangers over the last few decades.
Prepare to want to throw something at a wall. Or Donald Trump.
1. 'You know, it doesn't really matter what [the media] write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass.'
- Esquire interview in 1991.
2. 'I mean, we could say politically correct that look doesn't matter, but the look obviously matters. Like you wouldn't have your job if you weren't beautiful.'
- A clip on Last Week Tonight where he's speaking to a reporter.
3. ‘If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?
- In a tweet that was quickly deleted.
4. 'All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected.'
- In his book How To Get Rich.
5. '[Arianna Huffington] is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man—he made a good decision.'
- In another tweet that wasn't deleted.
6. He called opposing counsel in a deposition 'disgusting' for wanting to break to pump milk for her 3-month-old daughter
- During a 2011 deposition, reported by CNN here.
7. 'You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes–blood coming out of her wherever.'
- He said this to CNN following an interview with Fox news host Megyn Kelly asked whether his descriptions of women as ‘pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals’ suggested he didn’t have the temperament to be president, he told CNN.
8. 'She does have a very nice figure . . . if [she] weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.'
- During an interview on the The View.
9. 'It must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees'
- On The Apprentice after contestant Bret Michaels described that, during a task, fellow female contestant (and former playmate) Brande Roderick 'got down on her knees and passionately said, 'I want to do this'.
10. '26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?'
- in a tweet. Because sexual assault is the fault of anyone who decides to spend time with the opposite sex.
If he becomes president, we're all starting a subcolony on the moon. Anyone care to join?
You might also be interested in...
Follow Stevie on Twitter: @5tevieM
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating