Fans Are Freaking Out After This 'Stranger Things' Star Was Turned Away From LAX Airport For 'Drug Possession'
The Debrief: And now fans are concerned he'll be dropped for season 3 of Stranger Things...
Unless you've been living under a rock, you will know that Stranger Things 2 is out and we are all too excited to properly function anymore.
But Charlie Heaton - who pays Jonathan Byers on the show - missed the season premiere following allegations he was not permitted entry to the US due to drug possession, has finally issued a statement apologising.
Heaton was detained in LAX airport last Thursday, with law enforcement officials reporting to The Hollywood Reporter that this was for possession of drugs. However, his mother and sister told the Daily Mail that the supposed cocaine found on his wallet was not his and ‘could have come from anywhere,’ even proposing that it was from him leaving his wallet lying around at a party two weeks before. She explained that ‘obviously when you're at a party anything can happen.’
Instead of attending the premiere, Heaton was sent flying back home to the UK after questioning. His family has also since said that Heaton has performed drug tests, for both a hair and urine sample, which have come back all clear. But at last, his embarrassing setback was addressed, when he said:
'My planned travel to the U.S. last week was affected by an issue at U.S. immigration, and I am working to rectify it as soon as possible. I do want to clarify that I was not arrested or charged with a crime, and cooperated fully with the U.S. officials at LAX. I’m sorry to all the fans and my Stranger Things family for missing the premiere. We are all so proud of this season and I would never want this story to negatively impact the show.”'
Fans of Stranger Things have inevitably been freaking out that, as a consequence, the show would not let him back to film season 3:
NO ONE’S REPLACING CHARLIE HEATON AS JONATHAN BYERS NO ONE’S REPLACING CHARLIE HEATON AS JONATHAN BYERS NO ONE’S REPLACING CHARLIE HEATON AS— ragnarok! ًn (@rmcIaughlin) 29 October 2017
petition for charlie heaton to be aloud back in the US so they can film st, rt to sign pic.twitter.com/CNQQGjHpB3— ⋆*ೃ:.✧ (@MILLIEW0LFHARD) 29 October 2017
With no word since from the show or Netflix, we can hope to assume he may still be staying. So, although unfortunately we missed out on the potential glam pics of Heaton at the premiere (on a side note, can we take a moment to appreicate how much Millie Bobby Brown slayed?), it means another binge-worthy season is to come as planned.
Liked this? You might also be interested in:
At work? With your gran?
You might want to think about the fact you're about to read something that wouldn't exactly get a PG rating